Children’s author Donna Lasinski is author of the Parent Guide to Summer and the creator of the ThinkStretch summer learning workbook series. ThinkStretch activity books offer Pre-K-8 students a comprehensive and fun way to keep learning over the summer. ThinkStretch workbooks encourage parent involvement and help teachers prevent summer learning loss for children in grades Pre-K-8.
- “Thank you so much for coming to our staff meeting today. I am receiving a tremendous amount of praise for bringing you. Our teachers are so very excited. Thank YOU!” –Shelley T., Administrator, Doherty Elementary
- “Most importantly, the workbooks provided an easy, appropriate and comprehensive source of academic material that alleviated the achievement gap issues that become blaringly apparent during the summer for under resourced children. Bryant Community Center services an under resourced community located in Ann Arbor.” –Director, Summer Program
- "I liked the program because it gave my kids a reason for quiet thinking time in the summer that did not require me to help them with it. My daughter liked it because it was a challenge in a fun way.” –Parent, Public School
- “Our parents are still talking about how much your presentation excited them. Parents are sharing ideas and talking about how to help all of our students keep their reading and math skills this summer.” –Joan A., PTO Carpenter Elementary
- “As the Summer Learning program Coordinator, I appreciated the ease of program implementation. ThinkStretch provided all materials needed, including summer workbooks for each student, a parent resource guided for each family and Power Point presentations for a Parents’ Night and a Student Kick-Off Assembly. The parent presentation was well attended but the Student Kick-Off Assembly was a BIG success!” –Program Coordinator, Public School
- “Best presentation we have had at our conferences. Thank You!” –Kevin C., New Jersey Association of Federal Program Administrators Spring Meeting
Donna Lasinski is a popular and engaging national public speaker. Her most sought after topics are the impacts of summer learning loss, current research and outcome data for summer programs, and her innovative work with parent engagement over the summer.
Quality instruction and leadership demands that schools stop leaving hard earned learning on the table. Summer skill review must become an accepted part of the school year calendar, led and supported by innovative schools and parents, for our students to move to the next level of academic achievement.
Close the Gap
Donna is driven to close the achievement gap through her experience as a parent at a Title I elementary school and her personal experience watching students struggle to maintain their skills from one school year to the next.
Donna Lasinski is the founder, author and creator of the ThinkStretch Summer Learning Program, a comprehensive and fun program designed to meet Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and Title I requirements.