Children’s author Donna Lasinski is author of the Parent Guide to Summer and the creator of the ThinkStretch summer learning workbook series. ThinkStretch activity books offer Pre-K-8 students a comprehensive and fun way to keep learning over the summer. ThinkStretch workbooks encourage parent involvement and help teachers prevent summer learning loss for children in grades Pre-K-8.
- "Very informative and interesting!" -- Member, Ohio Association of Administrators of State and Federal Education Programs
- "The presenter has so much research to help with defending why we need a summer program." -- Member, Ohio Association of Administrators of State and Federal Education Programs
- “Your presentation opened my eyes to the strong data on summer learning loss and innovations that are possible in our district. You pulled it all together in a way that makes it easy for me to share the knowledge." –Donna H., Georgia Compensatory Educational Leaders
- "I liked the program because it gave my kids a reason for quiet thinking time in the summer that did not require me to help them with it. My daughter liked it because it was a challenge in a fun way.” –Parent, Public School
- “As the Summer Learning program Coordinator, I appreciated the ease of program implementation. ThinkStretch provided all materials needed, including summer workbooks for each student, a parent resource guided for each family and Power Point presentations for a Parents’ Night and a Student Kick-Off Assembly. The parent presentation was well attended but the Student Kick-Off Assembly was a BIG success!” –Program Coordinator, Public School
- “Thank you for supporting our school with your excellent materials. My daughter completed her book and was so proud to turn it in to her teacher. And I did not have spend half the summer looking for workbooks and bribing her to finish!” –Parent, Charter School
Donna Lasinski is a popular and engaging national public speaker. Her most sought after topics are the impacts of summer learning loss, current research and outcome data for summer programs, and her innovative work with parent engagement over the summer.
Quality instruction and leadership demands that schools stop leaving hard earned learning on the table. Summer skill review must become an accepted part of the school year calendar, led and supported by innovative schools and parents, for our students to move to the next level of academic achievement.
Close the Gap
Donna is driven to close the achievement gap through her experience as a parent at a Title I elementary school and her personal experience watching students struggle to maintain their skills from one school year to the next.
Donna Lasinski is the founder, author and creator of the ThinkStretch Summer Learning Program, a comprehensive and fun program designed to meet Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and Title I requirements.